- The James Webb Space Telescope's targets over the next year include black holes, exomoons, dark energy — and moreon March 4, 2024 at 11:00 am
The James Webb Telescope will be busy during Cycle 3 , with astronomers using the powerful telescope to hunt exomoons and supermassive black holes and investigate cosmic evolution.
- Total solar eclipse 2024: Live updateson March 4, 2024 at 9:45 am
Stay up-to-date with the latest news on the total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024.
- SpaceX launches Crew-8 astronaut mission to International Space Station for NASA (video)by [email protected] (Brett Tingley) on March 4, 2024 at 4:24 am
SpaceX launched its latest crewed flight toward the International Space Station at 10:53 p.m. ET tonight (March 3), carrying four astronauts aboard a Crew Dragon spacecraft.
- Photographing the northern lights with the Sony A7R Von March 3, 2024 at 4:00 pm
I tried the Sony A7R V camera and the FE 12-24mm f/4 G lens while hunting the northern lights in Sweden, here's what I found.
- This iPhone app can find the Milky Way's monster black hole from anywhereon March 3, 2024 at 3:00 pm
A new iPhone app, built with ChatGPT, allows you to find the center of the Milky Way by simply using your smartphone.
- Less Sea Ice Means More Arctic Trees—Which Means Trouble
- This Is What Your Brain Does When You’re Not Doing Anything
- The US Buried Nuclear Waste Abroad. Climate Change Could Unearth It
- Good Climate Solutions Need Good Policy—and AI Can Help With That
- Spain's Tragic Tower Block Fire Exposes the World's Failing Fire Regulations
- US Cities Could Be Capturing Billions of Gallons of Rain a Day
- Emergency Planners Are Having a Moment
- Humanity Is Dangerously Pushing Its Ability to Tolerate Heat
- Alabama IVF Patients Are Running Out of Time
- A Discarded Plan to Build Underwater Cities Will Give Coral Reefs New Life
- There’s a New Theory About Where Dark Matter Is Hiding
- Frequent Heavy Rain Has Made California a Mudslide Hotspot
- Odysseus Marks the First US Moon Landing in More Than 50 Years
- Is This New 50-Year Battery for Real?
- What Would Happen if Every American Got a Heat Pump
- The AI-Fueled Future of Work Needs Humans More Than Ever
- Social Media Is Getting Smaller—and More Treacherous
- A Dangerous New Home for Online Extremism
- AI-Generated Fake News Is Coming to an Election Near You
- A New Way to See Your Climate Anxiety
- Inequality Is a Health Risk—and It’s Getting Worse
- To Keep Gen Z, Companies Need to Level Up
- Big Tech Won’t Let You Leave. Here's a Way Out
- Global Emissions Could Peak Sooner Than You Think
- A Key to Detecting Brain Disease Earlier Than Ever
- The Danger of Digitizing Everything
- Regulators Are Finally Catching Up With Big Tech
- The VC Funding Party Is Over
- Get Ready for the Great AI Disappointment
- The Ocean’s Mysteries—and Marvels—Are About to Reach New Depths