My daughter Izzy is entering the 'Commonwealth Day Service' Competition, to take part in the service at Westminster Abbey on 9th March 2020, London, UK. The school children will get to meet members of the Royal Family if they/she win. The challenge is to write a...
Launch postponed until 6:35 pm, Thursday 11 April. Window opens at 6:35 pm EDT, closes 8:31 pm
Space.com Get the latest space exploration, innovation and astronomy news. Space.com celebrates humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
- On This Day in Space! April 18, 2014: NASA's LADEE probe crashes into the moonon April 18, 2021 at 1:23 pm
On April 18, 2014, NASA's Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE) ended its mission by crashing into the moon. See how it happened in our "On This Day In Space" series!
- NASA's Mars helicopter Ingenuity is ready to make its first flight attempt Mondayon April 18, 2021 at 1:15 pm
The big day is nearly here for the team behind NASA's Mars helicopter Ingenuity, who've spent six years developing the first aircraft to fly on the Red Planet.
- These 4 Crew-2 astronauts are ready to ride a SpaceX rocket into orbiton April 18, 2021 at 12:49 pm
NASA's next crew of astronauts are ready to strap into a SpaceX Dragon capsule and blast off into space.
- Russia joins China's mission to sample an asteroid and study a cometon April 18, 2021 at 11:00 am
China has selected a Russian science payload to fly on an upcoming mission to sample a near-Earth asteroid and later visit a main-belt comet.
- Lyrid meteors face off against a bright moon this weekon April 18, 2021 at 11:00 am
The Lyrid meteor shower peaks on Thursday morning (April 22), the first good meteor shower in nearly four months, although a bright moon could interfere.
- Mathematicians Settle the Erdős Coloring Conjecture
- We’re Starting to See How Covid PPE Litter Affects Wildlife
- A Pause on J&J, Preparation for Booster Shots, and More News
- Archaeologists Unearth a ‘Lost Golden City’ in Egypt
- What Octopus Dreams Tell Us About the Evolution of Sleep
- Pausing the J&J Vaccine Was Easy. Unpausing Will Be Hard
- The Humble Shrub That’s Predicting a Terrible Fire Season
- Will Future Electric Vehicles Be Powered by Deep-Sea Metals?
- Did This Scorching-Hot Planet Lose—and Regain—an Atmosphere?
- How Many Homes Could You Power With Free Doughnuts?
- Plastic Is Falling From the Sky. But Where’s It Coming From?
- Pandemic Lockdowns Did Cut Air Pollution—but With a Catch
- This AI Could Help Wipe Out Colon Cancer
- A ‘Last Hope’ Experiment Finds Evidence for Unknown Particles
- In Europe, Backlash Heats Up Over Garbage Incinerators
- The Pandemic Proved That Our Toilets Are Crap
- Everyone On Facebook’s Oversight Board Should Resign
- The FDA’s Decision to Pause J&J Could Help Defeat Covid-19
- Sorry, but ‘I Missed the Meeting’ Is No Longer an Excuse
- Who Let the Doge Out? The Cryptocurrency Is As Nutty As Ever
- Data Brokers Are a Threat to Democracy
- My Dream of the Great Unbundling
- Polarization Isn't America's Biggest Problem—or Facebook's
- Encryption Has Never Been More Essential—or Threatened
- Scientists Need to Admit What They Got Wrong About Covid
- Portraits of a Neighborhood’s ‘Wood Wide Web’
- Bed Tricks, Cod, and the Hidden History of Catfishing
- Does It Matter That I Let My Car Park Itself?
- The Roaring '20s Post-Pandemic Summer Terrifies Me