My daughter Izzy is entering the 'Commonwealth Day Service' Competition, to take part in the service at Westminster Abbey on 9th March 2020, London, UK. The school children will get to meet members of the Royal Family if they/she win. The challenge is to write a...
Launch postponed until 6:35 pm, Thursday 11 April. Window opens at 6:35 pm EDT, closes 8:31 pm
Space.com Get the latest space exploration, innovation and astronomy news. Space.com celebrates humanity's ongoing expansion across the final frontier.
- A Thanksgiving sun treat: Big sunspot rotates into viewon November 26, 2020 at 2:30 am
A group of sunspots has emerged on the Earth-facing side of the sun, just in time for Thanksgiving.
- The best space board games of 2020on November 25, 2020 at 11:00 pm
A gift guide for space fans who love game nights
- Terraforming Mars board game is now 40% off for Black Fridayon November 25, 2020 at 8:46 pm
For a limited time you can save $27 on this acclaimed space colony adventure game!
- Arecibo Observatory: Watching for asteroids, waiting for E.T.on November 25, 2020 at 8:18 pm
Arecibo Observatory has been used to send a SETI message as well as for scanning the skies for approaching asteroids.
- Space Chat with Space.com: Tune in Fridays for science, space and more!on November 25, 2020 at 6:39 pm
This Friday (Nov. 27), "Space Chat" will dive into the Arecibo Observatory, which will be decommissioned.
- Does the AstraZeneca Vaccine Also Stop Covid Transmission?
- Meet the Microbes Living on Da Vinci’s Iconic Sketches
- A New Study About Color Tries to Decode ‘The Brain’s Pantone’
- This Squishy 3D-Printed Human Heart Feels Like the Real Thing
- The Last, ‘Ultra-Cold’ Mile for Covid-19 Vaccines
- Physicists Pin Down the Nuclear Reaction After the Big Bang
- Climate Change Is Intensifying the Tsunami Threat in Alaska
- Pfizer Seeks Approval, the CDC Urges Restraint, and More News
- A Solar-Powered Rocket Might Be Our Interstellar Ticket
- Iowa’s Covid Wave and the Limits of Personal Responsibility
- The Physics of Materials at Minus 80 Degrees Celsius
- An Enormous Iceberg Is Headed for South Georgia Island—Again
- How a Medication for OCD Ended Up in a Covid-19 Trial
- Can You Get Covid-19 on an Airplane? Yeah, Probably
- Larry Brilliant: We’ll Beat Covid—After We Go Through Hell
- Biden Must Repair—and Reinvigorate—Tech Diplomacy
- The AstraZeneca Covid Vaccine Data Isn't Up to Snuff
- How to Have Productive Conversations About Election Misinfo
- Overcoming Vaccine Skepticism Starts in the Community
- Masks Help, but We May Never Know How Much
- Facebook Is Going After Its Critics in the Name of Privacy
- This Pandemic Must Be Seen
- Are Covid Patients Gasping ‘It Isn’t Real’ As They Die?
- The Timelines of Our Lives
- Why Isn't Susan Wojcicki Getting Grilled By Congress?
- The Art That Defied the Last Four, Terrible Years
- The Few, the Tired, the Open Source Coders
- Love the USPS? Join the Infrastructure Appreciation Society!
- A Lack of Transparency Is Undermining Pandemic Policy
- That Pre-Thanksgiving Covid Test Won't Really Keep You Safe